Wednesday 31 January 2007

from blistering pace to just blistering

My blister full of blood and puss
well its Wednesday the 31st of January. After a mamouth lay-in this morning i woke to find piece and quiet. I am the only one in my dorm (It should hold six). The other guests are part of two big groups. One Quebecois and the other is from Toronto. They filled the kitchen with food and boxes and bits and pieces. There was mayhem in there last night as both tried to cook what looked like a three course meal at the same time! They both stayed for a few days to do the ski trails around Val-David. The french lot didnt speak any english but i had a few partial conversations that involved a lot of pointing and gesticulating. Both groups left today and so i am the only guest in the whole place!!! The next guests check in tomorrow. The trip out here was well worth it. It feels so isolated. Its nice to not do anything and have a break from frantic city sight seeing. The cabin creeks and hums with the noise of the heating. The place is full of windows that give you a brilliant view of the mountains and the little forest we are in. It has been snowing today. There are open fires here and they warm the lounges nicely. The bedroom was a bit cold last night and so i christened my sleeping bag. Although ''sleeping bags are STRICTLY FORBIDDEN'', i risked it and although the bag rolls up into a handfull - it is suprisingly warm and snug. I have been drinking heaps of coffee and eating loads of biscuits while i laze around and watch my i-pod. I'm off to Toronto tomorrow and i'll be there for 5 nights. I plan to take a day trip to Niagra falls though. Not looking forward to the coach and then the train. I arrive in Toronto after 9pm and i plan to leave here at 1pm. I have a massive blister on my little toe. It looks absolutely disgusting but at least its the only thing wrong me with so far... Appologies for the spelling, the computer i am on is set on French and so i am having to type and post. Its a bit hit and miss actually. I nearly pressed what i think was delete earlier!!!

1 comment:

Cat said...

Hey Lee, I have been having internet problems (not in the office and the computer at home is rubbish). Anyway, bought m'self a laptop so now I can begin stalking. Looks like I have lots to catch up on.

Missing you
x