Wednesday 23 May 2007

Noosa

Beach
Beach from along the board walk
Gum tree
One of the many bays surrounding the national park
Another bay
View of Noosa from the lookout
Sunset on the beach
Beach at sunset
Beach at sunset
Beach at sunset

Beach at sunset

Noosa is around 2 hours south of Rainbow beach. Noosa is much bigger and more touristy. Noosa is the name for a number of settlements around the Noosa river. I was staying just by the bus terminal (which is also a stones throw from the beach and main shopping street) in a HI. The building is actually quite old (by Australian standards) and was on stilts midway up a steep hill. The place was really nice if a little cramped. I only had a day there and so I planned my day with precision.

Noosa is an upmarket seaside town. Older Australians and families spend time here and Noosa is convinent for Brissie. The town was refreshing different from the other towns I stopped at on my way down from Cairns. The scene was party bars or millions of young people on the streets but more wine bars and restaurants. The main street also had many art and arty shops, lots of fashion house outlets and lots of jewellery shops.

My first activity for the day was to have a sleep on the beautiful beach. The sand was lovely and fine and the beach was really wide. I dozed for an hour before heading into the National Park.

No comments: