Wednesday 23 May 2007

Rainbow Beach

Coloured sands on the cliff next to the beach
Closeup
Heavy rainfall
Sulphur crested cockatoos

My next stop was rainbow beach. It is a very small town about 2 hours from Hervey Bay. I had booked a couple of days here relax on the beach. The colours sands are supposed to be amazing and awe inspiring (Lonely Planet).
I got into Rainbow beach quite late. Settled into my room and started to chat to everyone in there. Little did I know that the town basically shut down at 8pm and my gibber-gabber meant that everyone missed the restaurants. It was therefore cereal for tea!!!
The weather over the two days I was in Rainbow beach was pretty bad. I spent some of the afternoon on the first day on the beach although it was cold and there were cars constantly driving past (beach is a highway like Fraser Island's beaches).
The next day it rained constantly. It was just rain but torrential style rain that even bent up the gutters around the hostel!!!
The hostel room was really nice and we even had a balcony. There were sulphur crested cockatoos nesting in the palm trees out side the windows and so every morning there was squawking outside.
Before getting back on the bus to head to Noosa the bus driver pulls out some didgeridoos and we all had a go at playing. I was really useless and couldn't even make a sound!!! How embarrassing.

No comments: