Wednesday 14 February 2007

So long SF

Crabby @ Fisherman's Wharf
Their new home after Earthquake scared them from Sealion rocks
View of the city from the wharfside
Sealions
Wharfside

My last day in San Francisco and the weather had changed. After some storms in the night it was bright, warm and sunny outside. I headed into town for a walkabout. The beaches along the bay were relatively full with people walking up and down. I found a really beautiful spot and just lazed away and absorbed the views.

I then hopped on a tram and headed into Union square. Its the shopping centre for the city and has all the famous names. Stuff in SF is really cheap. Shame i'm running out of money as there was loads of stuff i liked. From there i explored the various neighbours around the city. Not much to report as it was pretty standard stuff. My accent was causing quite a stir though as it seemed that everyone i spoke to was commenting on it. One Chinese lady said that she wished everyone in Amercia spoke like me as my accent was beautiful. Ahh, bless.

During my last night a new face checked into our room. He was an American originally from Canada. He is in the process of getting his book published by one of the leading publishers in the world. He was talking to us and telling the funniest stories for hours. We didn't get off to sleep till the wee hours. I took a note of his name and I'll be keeping an eye open for his book. Vince, one of the Canadians read the first chapter and said that it was a really good read. From his story telling and life experiences I can see him writing some pretty interesting stuff.

No comments: