Thursday 12 April 2007

ChChit

NZ flag
Bridge of remembrance bridge of remembrance
Avon river that runs through Christchurch
You can go punting down the Avon

One of the city's many 'old' buildings Catherdral

Inside the cathedral
Rose window
Modern Art in Cathedral Square Sculpture outside the cathedral
City's Trams
Founder of ChChit
Its my last day in NZ and I am in Christchurch. NZers call it ChChit asthey are fond of abbreviating everything. Its the third largest town in NZ and the largest on the South Island. The city is known for being very English and was originally founded by the CofE.
Due to some Uni event happening here, it took ages getting accommodation sorted here. I'm staying in a nasty, dirty place about 20 minutes from town. I have a walk around and there's not much to do here. I take in the famous Christchurch Cathedral and the bridge of remembrance. Not much else to report here. Glad i'm only here for one day!!!

No comments: