Tuesday 3 April 2007

QT (Queenstown)

We leave Wanaka and head towards Queenstown. Queenstown has a bit of a reputation for being a good place to stay for at least 4 nights. Luckily as I stay an extra night in Wanaka, I loose the crappy bus and the rubbish driver.

We stop at Puzzling world. It has a wooden maze and some illusion rooms. The maze has towers and walkways over parts of the maze. It supposed to take 30-45 minutes but it takes me nearly an hour and I had to cheat once as well!!! It was really good fun though and the illusion rooms were amazing. They has a room of holograms and they were brilliant!!!

We arrive in Queenstown and again the town is next to a lake formed by glaciers. The town is tiny. I walk around and it only takes 10 minutes max. The scenery is amazing though - the town is surrounded by mountains and they change colours as the sun moves around the sky.
After a day i'm bored as there is nothing to do during the day. The whole town is geared towards the night and there are 145 bars in the town!!! (Town pop is 10 thousand people). After day two i'm starting to think about leaving early.....

I went out a few times whilst here with people I met on earlier buses. The first time was to a pyjama party in the bar downstairs in the hostel. The bar had beds made up and everyone was lounging. For some reason after a few drinks i started a pillow fight with someone off the bus. This fight soon turned into full blown wrestling and lasted for hours! We were bouncing up and down up and down. I kept on banging my head on the ceiling and I banged up my heels as well. At one point some random joined in?? Not sure who he was but I remember him being heavy.

I also went out for my birthday with some other people off a different bus. I got very drunk and then someone jumped on my back for piggy back races. That wasnt a got idea and i stacked it and fell face first into the road. My glasses flew off into the drain I had fallen on. The girl on my back flew in the air. I have a few bruises and cuts!! A bloke who works in a burger bar (they sell the nicest burgers ever! Fergburgers rule) came running over and lifted the drain cover up and got my glasses!! I was a bit shocked as the drain cover was huge. I went and thanked him and just randomly gave him four dollars?? Bizarre.

All in all Queenstown was a big let down.

No comments: