Sunday 15 April 2007

Stuff I want to remember about NZ

I have added some stuff that I noticed when I was in NZ that I want to remember:

  1. In the mornings when we were getting on the bus, you had to be quick with no dilly dallying allowed. People would take getting good seats on the bus seriously. This meant that they would blatantly barge past you with their bags, leave their bags on the bus overnight (doing a German) to reserve seats, wake up hours early or wait outside in a queue to get on the bus first.
  2. NZ is really well geared up for Tourists - every township and small village had a tourist information centre and public toilets.
  3. The North Island has farm after farm after farm. Farms on the south Island were not as prolific.
  4. South Island has the better scenery, but North Island has more townships and more interesting activities to do.
  5. NZers are friendly but have a funny accent (Fish and Chips is pronounced "Fuush and Chups"). They also say "Sweet", "Sweet as" or "Eh" to annoying proportions.
  6. NZers love to Aussie bash.
  7. The rivers in NZ are crystal clear - I didn't see a cloudy or brown river at all.
  8. NZers love pies. They are pie crazy. Even the smallest village has a shop with a sign declaring that so and so's pies can be bought there.

1 comment:

Cat said...

Lee, I am so confused. I have been in Nepal for two weeks and now I have no idea what you are doing. English is so confusing. I can only try to understand what you are doing using my powers of sight.

x